Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Long Time

Hello!  It's been a while.  Was thinking I would put together some of the short stories I've written into some kind of booklet, folder and was looking for the ending of my A-Z challenge for "Alone At The Art Museum" and saw that I hadn't updated this thing since, well, quite a while. 

I seem to have more free time because I quit going to my writer's group.  It was always at the most inconvenient time (11 am on Saturday).  Couldn't do much in the morning, and not much in the afternoon either.  And, of course, procrastinator that I am, I would end up critiquing like 60-ish pages every other Friday Night.  Frustrating all around.

Anyway, PH reminded me I had only written 4 chapters in a year.  So I quit going.

Now I spend Saturdays running around doing chores/shopping.  Sundays I write.  And now, here I am, updating my blog!  Yeah, it was time for a change.


Am currently into Cassandra Clare's Shadowhunter universe right now.  It started with 'The Infernal Devices' Trilogy.  Loved that series, and that it was only 3 books.  I decided I couldn't handle reading 'Lady Midnight' so I got the audio book.  I'm hooked and I love the crossover characters from the original Shadowhunter series as well as from The Infernal Devices series. Now I'm listening to 'Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy' which is a hoot because they have different people reading different chapters and they do the accents and everything.

Met Cassandra Clare at a book signing a ways back.  She asked me if I was Team Jace or Team Simon and like a fool, I said "Team Clary, of course." Lame...


1 comment:

  1. Yaaaay!!! You have returned. Welcome back to the bloggersphere.

    Changing up the routine sounds like a good plan, as does getting all the chores done and out of the way. Pulling all my chores to the front of the week, freeing up the back-end to write, made a huge difference to my productivity. It also makes it easier to defend the time from other people encroaching on it, as you can say a particular time is booked already.

    Looking forward to your new posts. x

    ReplyDelete