Thursday, June 27, 2013

Can't Believe Someone Would Do This!

Have you read about the person who plagiarized Tammara Webber and Jamie McGuire?  This person, Jordin B Williams used passages from both Easy by Tammara Webber and Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire in 'her' manuscript and the book was ranked at #58 on Amazon's kindle list!

Easy is one of my favorite books and I've read it 3 or 4 times so I recognized the passage immediately. I'm sure there are plenty of people who feel the same about Beautiful Disaster.  How could this person think she was going to get away with it?

Here is a link to the DearAuthor blog - the person who initially called it out.  She's got the passages highlighted and then the text from the true authors' books.

Dear Author Blog Post

So I guess Amazon pulled it off their site and is refunding money to people who bought it.  Good for you, Dear Author, and good for you, Amazon!


No comments:

Post a Comment