Saturday, February 2, 2013

Lizzie Bennet Diaries


Have you been watching these?  I admit, I'm late to the party.  I've been reading about them and finally decided to check them out (on YouTube).  They are fun.  They are addicting.  They make you miss your dentist appointment.

As you may have guessed from the title, this is another modernization of 'Pride and Prejudice' told via webisodes or vlogs of Lizzie Bennet. There are seventy-something episodes (so far, they are still airing), each about 5 minutes long. 

I've seen so many versions of this tale that you'd think I'd be tired of it by now.  But I think Lizzie Bennet  - strong, independent, knows her own mind, is one of the best female characters ever written and still relevant, resonates with women today. 

Anyway, I had a chuckle at some of the modernized names:

Bing Lee = Charles Bingley
Charlotte Lu = Charlotte Lucas
Gigi = Georgiana
Pemberly is now some kind of internet company



1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to add this to my youtube list. I've been getting kind of addicted to these short little web snippets lately--they're great when I need a little break! And who doesn't love a little P&P?

    ReplyDelete