Monday, January 28, 2013

Only one resolution left to break

We're into the fifth week of the year and I only have one resolution I haven't broken yet...Technically. 

Here's a recap of all resolutions I broke:
write everyday - nope
finish first draft by end of January - nope (and nope to all the resolutions built upon this one)
Try writing a short story in January - nope
blog twice a week - nope
comment on 5 blogs a week - nope
read two books a week - nope

But there is one I still have going for me:
Do not buy or or borrow any more books/ebooks until I have read everything I already have stockpiled.

So I'm still on course with this one.  Why?  Because I went to the town's library gigantic 25 cent book sale today with every intention of buying bag-loads of books.  But I didn't remember to go until late in the day; 30 minutes before closing.  And by then people were packing up the books.  The books were going into the trash, and the lady at the door handed me a paper bag, and said, take everything you like.

So I have ANOTHER stackful of books.  But I didn't buy or borrow them so I'm still keeping to my one remaining resolution, right?

Have a great week!



2 comments:

  1. Hope you snagged some good ones! I miss those library sales back in my former city--got some awesome books!

    ReplyDelete