Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Resolutions


Happy 2013 everyone.  This seems to be a good place to put down my goals/resolutions for the new year.  These pertain to reading, writing and blogging only - I won't bore you with the gym/diet/be a better person resolutions as I'm pretty sure they're the same as every other person on the planet.
  • Do not buy or borrow any more books until I read the 100+ books/e-books I already have
    • Read two books a week







  • Blog at least twice a week
  • Comment on at least 5 blogs a week






  • Write a novel by end of March
    • Write a first draft by end of January
    • Rewrite it by end of February
    • Get to final draft by end of March
  • query or self-publish finished novel by end of march
  • try writing a short story based on a prompt in January (inspired by "The Curiosities")
Will revisit the above on April 1st and see how I'm doing.

7 comments:

  1. I bought two books today. Two days!!! I am soooo weak.

    Your writing schedule kicks butt doesn't it? So do you want me to chase you on it or do you just want me to zip it, and leave you to it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The guilt eats away at me so no, I don't need you to chase me on it.

      Delete
  2. Those are great goals. Yes, I too need to trim down the to be read pile on goodreads. I don't own many of those books yet though LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Let's see how long I can keep at them.

      Delete
  3. I wish you luck with all your resolutions. I wish you a very happy new year. Please write and read, while you are young. I waited until I was older and now my brain does not keep up with my reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about the book buying. I have probably a 1500+ books sitting around my house, not including the hundreds of books on my Kindle, that I haven't read yet.

    Good luck with the writing goals! That's a lot to do in three short months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your goals! I should totally copy you and not buy any more books, but I've already managed to break that one. Maybe next year! :)

    ReplyDelete