Saturday, November 17, 2012

Editing, Breaking Dawn, Meatloaf & Christmas Carols

I've been stuck with the editing for a week now.  I was speeding along with my chapter a day and all of sudden, I hit a brick wall.  The very smallest of suggestions, to add some more conversation.  Of course, since this is my final edit of this WIP, it had to be perfect and I wracked my brain day after day, hour after hour, minute after minute, trying to add two lines of dialogue because it had to be perfect.

And then Thursday, I had a gigantic "DOH!" moment.  In later pages, CP #1 pointed out a number of things that needed to be addressed earlier.  Hello?  Why don't I just stick that in the two lines of dialogue I was lacking.  I am an idiot!

Yesterday I went and saw Breaking Dawn 2.  It feels like the end of an era as I've been going to see a Twilight movie for the last five years! FIVE years!  The good news?  "The Host" movie next year! Hope Stephenie Meyer is writing something  new so I have something to look forward to after that.
And today I took a break and made meatloaf.  I like this show on food network "The Pioneer Woman". http://thepioneerwoman.com/  So I tried out her recipe which calls for 12 slices of bacon, 4 eggs, 2 lbs of ground beef.  It turned out okay, but there is no way I am going to eat all that food/cholesterol.  3/4ths of it is going to over to the sister's house.

Finally, how early is too early to start playing Christmas Carols?  My local radio station is playing them now.

1 comment:

  1. I am already wanting to decorate for Christmas! And I know what you mean about BD. I felt like that with the last Harry Potter movie.

    ReplyDelete