Monday, September 17, 2012

Hidden by Sophie Jordan

Yeah, some people go on drinking binges, food binges.  Me? I go on reading binges.  I was MIA all weekend, reading!  So I have about a week's worth of reviews

First I had to get the third installment of the Firelight Trilogy by Sophie Jordan.  Stayed up to the wee hours of the night reading it as soon as it came over on the Kindle.  Oh Kindle, how I love thee!

Reasons to read:
It was exciting reading and no chore to finish it all in one sitting. 
Twists I never saw coming. 
Satisfying conclusion to the trilogy

There were some things I didn't like but they are spoilerish:














Will displays some powers that came out of nowhere.  I was scratching my head at it - 'huh?'
Tamra's story also felt like it ended with a 'huh?'  Like the author was trying to wrap it up. 
Cassian's story ended appropriately but it felt a bit rushed also.
Heat level went down,  instead of up.  That was a little disappointing.






















OKAY, YOU CAN LOOK NOW:

All in all, it was entertaining and I'm not sorry I read it.  I'm giving it 4 of 5 stars - which is "I liked it but not sure you will."




1 comment:

  1. i can't wait to read this! i can't believe it's the last one, seems like just yesterday i was ordering the first one on amazon.

    ReplyDelete