Thursday, July 5, 2012

SPAM musubi


Went to sister's for 4th of July to watch the annual fireworks at the Rosebowl.  Anyway, she made these SPAM musubi.  They are really popular in Hawaii - canned Spam fried then wrapped in rice and seaweed. 
She made two platefuls of these and they were gone in like 30 minutes! 

I brought chicken which my poor brother-in-law had to grill along with burgers and franks.  I also brought potato salad (from Ina Garten recipe), asian slaw (also a food network recipe) and lemon bars.

The asian slaw wasn't so popular (too healthy?).  There was a stack of boxes from Porto's Bakery too.  I am feeling like I will need to diet the rest of the month to make up for it.

Fireworks were good - there was a new one that supposedly was a twirling red white and blue thing, but I didn't really notice them from the rest.  My pictures also weren't as good as the Barry ones the night before so I'll spare you!




1 comment:

  1. aaargh! spam. I havent had spam since I was in primary school, when they would serve it battered, The grim. But maybe the musubi are the way to go...

    ReplyDelete