Monday, July 9, 2012

The slump is over

I've been trying to re-write the first fifty pages of my first Fairview book for seven months now.  I started out just wanting to fix a few things, make certain characters stronger, bring them into the book earlier, etc.  Well, during that process, the story changed.  And the characters changed (in a good way).  And even the tense changed!

Ay caramba!  What started as a minor fix turned into a full-blown rewrite.  It has taken me seven months (granted not continuous), but I finally finished five minutes ago and sent it off to my lovely critique partner.

Speaking of my lovely critique partner, I got a really nice surprise when I checked out her blog post today.
Her blog is on the right "Writing from the Edge of Distraction"
http://writingfromtheedgeofdistraction.blogspot.com/

And here is her post (all about me!)

Critique Partner's Lovely Blog Post

And to answer her question, here is a photo of me (the one in the pink) 'gettin' jiggy wit' it'!

6 comments:

  1. lol, love the pic! Congrats on your draft--that's such an awesome feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It's amazing when a minor thing spirals into a rewrite that makes the book even better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't exactly know if it is better, but I tried!

      Delete
  3. ARe you kidding me!!!!??!!! As i scrolled down I actually thought I was going to see what you looked like! (yes, i am that gullible.) Next time I see Hello Kitty in the street, i'm going to give her a prod.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'd pay to see that!!! ; )

      Delete