Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My summer reading list

Yeah, summer is half over, but I just saw my lovely critique partner put up her summer vacation reading list so I figured I'd be a copycat and show you mine!  Note that this is only the physical books and doesn't include the e-reader books.

I was bogged down quite a bit by "The Blood Oath" by T.L. Clarke.  I had a commitment to read that first and it took me a really long time... and the books kind of piled up quickly.

Plus I read a ton more books in between for which I need to write reviews.  Note to self - write reviews!
  • Crossed by Ally Condie (book 2 of a series)
  • Supernaturally by Kristin White (book 2 of a series)
  • Liar's Moon by Elizabeth C Bunce (book 2 of a series - author is a friend of a friend - signed arc!)
  • It's About Time by Leslie Keenan - nonfiction about time management (recommended to me since, um, you know, I waste so much time)
  • Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs.  Ransom Riggs doesn't sound like a real name to me...
  • Blue Moon by Alison Noel
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson - heard her speak at LA Times Festival of Books.  She is hilarious so I figured her books are probably going to be entertaining as well.

  • Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck. (The first in a series)  My sister picked it up at Romantic Times book fair last year and it was sitting abandoned on her bookshelf.  I adopted it.
  • Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schrieber.  I love my vampires.  This was calling to me at a bookfair benefitting the local library so I picked it up.
  • Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick (third in a series)
  • Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict by Lauie Viera Rigler.  My wonderful lovely Critique partner sent this to me after the A to Z challenge, urging me to write my story properly.  She also sent me A Jane Austen Household book by Peggy Hickman.  How awesome is my critique partner? 
  • Oppression by Jessica Therrien - picked up at LA Times Festival of Books
  • Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.  Anyone with pink hair must be awesome!
Yep 13 books in seven weeks.  Better start on the time management book first! lol

1 comment:

  1. Thirteen Little Blue Envelopes is one I've been looking at dpfor a while. Let us know what you think.

    ReplyDelete