Sunday, May 6, 2012

A to Z reflections

For the most part I am really glad to have participated in the A - Z challenge.  I say for the most part because I ran into a little issue right at the end where work got so busy I didn't have time to post.  I made up for it though, writing three posts during Saturday and Sunday.

If I do it again next year, I will have it all written before I start (ha! famous last words).  I also don't know that I'd attempt to do a whole story again.  That W,X,Y stretch was pretty hard for me.  And I had to add an epilogue to get everything in.

But the good thing I learned is that I have it in me to write everyday.  I will attempt to be more than an egg (750words.com anyone?)

And I got a whole story out of it.  Rough, but the plot points are worked out.  I decided to try and write it properly (thus I took it down from the blog).  I wanted to add whole sections but I'd need more than 26 letters to fit it in and my posts were way to long already.

I enjoyed visiting all the different blogs but I think maybe some kind of way to categorize the posts would be helpful.  Time was in short supply and I wasted a lot of it visiting blogs that I didn't have anything in common with, and would probably not be interested in visiting mine either.

But I found some great ones too - telling stories each day were my favorite.  Here are the ones I went back to every day:

Christine Rains - wrote a whole story over 26 days.  I loved it!
http://christinerains-writer.blogspot.com/

Cherie Reich wrote little flash fiction pieces each day.  I also have one of her books "Defying Gravity", which I just finished.  Good stuff
http://cheriereich.blogspot.com/

Rachel Morgan also wrote little episodes each day.  I have her book too.  About to start. 
http://www.rachel-morgan.com/

Jessica Sayler did this thing where she'd put up a word each day and asked readers to submit a sentence each day.  At the end of  26 days, she had a whole flash fiction piece. 
http://jessicasalyer.blogspot.com/

And of course, I never mentioned the hosts of this blog challenge.  So rude.  Here they are:
http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/

A to Z Team for 2012 (you can find links to their blogs on the above site)

Arlee Bird at Tossing it Out,

Alex J. Cavanaugh,
Stephen Tremp at Breakthrough Blogs,
Jenny Pearson at Pearson Report,
Matthew McNish at The QQQE,
Tina Downey at Life is Good,
Jeremy Hawkins at Retro-Zombie,
DL Hammons at Cruising Altitude,
Shannon Lawrence at The Warrior Muse,
Elizabeth Mueller,
Damyanti Biswas at Amlokiblogs,
Karen Gowen at Coming Down the Mountain,
Konstanz Silverbow at No Thought 2 Small.


13 comments:

  1. I found it a bit overwhelming having so many blogs to visit and no idea what they were about until I got there. Hope they add categories next time.

    mood
    Moody Writing
    @mooderino
    The Funnily Enough

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visited the blogs you listed above and also found them well worth the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was totally overwhelmed by the amount of blogs. I hope you'll either repost of publish your story b/c (sadly) I didn't get to read it all, but enjoyed it. Missing days here was one of the pitfalls of such a crazy amount of participants in the challenge.
    I agree...we need categories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, would help us manage our time better.

      Delete
  4. Yes, having things written beforehand really helps. I plan to get all posts finished before April next year. Really. Hehe!

    Thank you for mentioning me. I enjoyed your posts. It was such a fun story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed your stories! I just noticed you mentioned me on yours! Great minds...

      Delete
  5. I was overwhelmed by blog to visit and I wasn't even participating! :) Still, yours was one of my favorites--loved the story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe, thanks. I loved coming by yours everyday and reading your story. Loved it! Now if I just knew how it ended. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulation on finishing the challenge. I didn't visit all blogs during the challenge but, cross my heart, I'm visiting every single one with reflections post!

    Evalina, This and that...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on surviving! Nice of you to point out some of the cool blogs you came across :)


    English Speaking Zone

    ReplyDelete