Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Beautiful Blogger

Sheri L. Swift  sherilswift.blogspot.com
at Finding Joy in the Journey has gifted me with the Beautiful Blogger Award. 








I've been following her blog for a while now.  She's a published author with a book called "Legend of the Mer".  Mermaids!  Love it!  Check out her book cover.


Anyway, here are the rules for this award:

1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Share 7 random things about yourself.
3. Nominate 7 fellow bloggers for the Beautiful Blogger award.
4. Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
5. Include the award images in your blog post.

Like before, I'm not going to nominate any bloggers.  It is too much like a chain letter.  Letters? Remember those? lol  Just, if you feel like it, I would love to learn 7 random things about you.  Consider yourself tagged if you want to share, either on your blog or in the comments.

Okay so seven MORE random things. (I think there was a lucky seven-type thing going around as well) and I think I used up all the good random things before.  But there's nothing I love more than talking about myself...  Hmm, I'm reading these back and they are all kind of embarassing.

1. I'm the 'junkyard' for the family.  Anytime anyone wants the latest and greatest in technology, I end up with the old item.  So I have an assortment of computers, televisions, printers, cell phones.  You know something is old when the price of the printer cartridge is more than the printer.  And you know when cell phones didn't have screens?...







2. When I first met my cousin M (I think I was 7, she was 4 and she's going to kill me), she'd just gotten off a 10 hour plane ride, and then another half hour car ride.  She got out of the car and threw up in our garage.  Frank and beans.  Still remember that's what she had eaten for lunch...



3. When I was 11 we played ouija board at my friend Natalie's house.  She lived in an old old house and it seemed kind of creepy to me.  Anyway, I asked the board the name of my first boyfriend and it answered 'STEVE'.  Sure enough... a few years later...




4. I worked at an ad agency that won this little piece of business called Microsoft.  I worked on these small brands called 'word' and 'excel'.  And I used to be jealous of the girl who got to work on the cool brand - 'flight simulator'.  We used to fly up to Seattle to present to the various communication managers.  And there was a weird guy in the corner named Bill who I thought was strange (because he rocked back and forth in his chair throughout the entire meeting).





5. I won a "Presidential Scholar" award and went for a week to D.C. where they put us up  at Georgetown University.  I got there and found my roommate's BVDs scattered on his bed.  Yeah, my real name gets me into a lot of these type of situations.  I think I ended up with a room of my own because of this...




6.  My cat Chester likes to interrupt any phone conversation by meowing loudly.  He's very talkative.  He just won't stoop to doing it on cue.  If I tell him to 'say something' into the phone he'll do the opposite.








7.  My latest obsession with desserts is red velvet cupcakes from Dots.  Which leads to belly fat, which leads to gym...

No comments:

Post a Comment