Monday, March 12, 2012

Tagged for Lucky Number 7

Gwen at Fulfilling Dreams has tagged me for the latest meme making the rounds of the campaigners.  Please visit her fun and informative blog at:  http://www.fulfilling-dreams.com/
You'll love the dinosaur.  Trust me.  Just go visit!


Here are the rules:


1. Go to page 77 of my current MS/WIP

2. Go to line 7

3. Copy down the next 7 lines – sentences or paragraphs – and post them as they’re written. No cheating

4. Tag 7 authors


At first I was really psyched because page 77 is one of the most fun parts I've written.  But then line 10 is the punchline and line 7 is halfway into the joke.  So when you read it out of context it isn't funny.  And then lines 11-14 are the next scene.  So it was totally not going to make sense. 

Then I got anxious that this was going to be the first time anybody outside my Critique Partners ever saw part of my WIP and I decided I just couldn't do it. 

I know.  I'm no fun.  But the writing isn't that great (yet) anyway and I would like to DAZZLE you when I finally do share something here from my WIP.

Anyway, if you are reading this, consider yourself tagged.  Although, if you feel like I do, I totally understand.  If you do decide to participate, drop me a line so I can read your awesomeness! (and so I can technically say I didn't break the chain...)

5 comments:

  1. I'm kind of in the same boat, too. I was tagged twice, and even though I have 7 books, none of their page 77s are adequate enough to share. Except for one, but I'm not allowed to share it (for reasons I can't discuss).

    Cryptic, aren't I? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um yeah, got it. wink wink. Good luck!!!

      Delete
  2. Awww, I'd still liked to have read it :) I understand about not feeling ready to share yet though. Hopefully sometime we'll get to catch a peek, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely. I just want to do it with some razzle dazzle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, sometimes the placement of the lines is really awkward, but oh well.

    ReplyDelete