Friday, March 23, 2012

A Day At The Races

Yesterday, we went to Santa Anita Park.  It was for work... kinda.  You see, my boss, Mr. P. owns race horses.
I am a city gal - never been around horses much so I was in awe of the beauty/majesty of the horses.    But at the same time, I am reading "Scorpio Races" by Maggie Stiefvater so I was also keenly aware of the danger of the sport both to the jockeys and the animals.  In fact, the ambulance followed every race just out of camera range of the horses.



It was a gorgeous day, no horses or jockeys got hurt and a pleasant way to spend an afternoon. 


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! I've never been to the horse races, but it looks really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I went once a long time ago. It is so much more vibrant and real and I forget how big those horses are and how tiny/small the jockeys are.

      Delete