Sunday, March 18, 2012

Book Review – Intangible by J. Meyers

Description from Amazon:

Twins Sera and Luke Raine have a well-kept secret--she heals with a touch of her hand, he sees the future. All their lives they've helped those in need on the sly. They've always thought of their abilities as being a gift.
Then Luke has a vision that Sera is killed. That gift they've always cherished begins to feel an awful lot like a curse. Because the thing about Luke's ability? He's always right.

And he can't do anything about it.

What I liked:

The book starts off strong and kicks right in with the action. The author has a really smooth writing style. I liked that she’s able to tell the story from each of the character’s POVs.

There is a kick-ass climax and plot twists that I didn’t see coming. Very good job keeping me guessing.

The Sera-Marc romance was hot without being adult

There was a real ending but left the door open for more

Shallow but I loved the cover to this and the short story introduction “Intuition.”

What I didn’t like:

My only real quibble was that I felt like there were too many magical/gifted creatures/beings running around. First we have the healer Sera and the seer Luke. Then we meet Fey who may or may not have some kind of power. Then along come a mind-reader and a vampire. Just when you think you’ve got it all figured out, yet another kind of creature comes in (and it is towards the end of the book).

With all the characters and their powers running around, it started to feel like Mystic Falls (from Vampire Diaries). In order to keep the story moving though, I felt some of the characters and their powers got glossed over.

Marc’s reaction during the end seems a little odd.
____________

I’ll be getting the next book to see if Marc changes his mind and to see if anything between Luke and Fey develops.

My rating: 4 out of 5 stars. I liked it but you might not.

Note: I received an e-book copy in exchange for my honest review.

2 comments:

  1. I always get kind of frustrated while reading about some "super rare ability" that suddenly pops up in like five people by the end of the book :) Still this sounds like a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did enjoy reading it. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete