Monday, February 13, 2012

sunday 2-12 ROW80 Check- in

writing
well feedback from CP #1 was very encouraging. Had critique group tonight as well. Not as encouraging but still, positive. I guess I will continue on with the current revision method.

Fitness
Had pilates session yesterday. Not as sore as when I had the personal training but the trainer wasn't paying as much attention either. Is it just me, or does the pilates equipment remind anybody else of instruments of torture? I mean one of them looked like the rack, the other looked like a stockade... I did the cardio thing twice on top of that so I did good.

Healthy eating
didnt do so good what with the tuesday night drink-a-thon, last night's gal's night out and today's lunch with sister. will try to do better

6 comments:

  1. I've never had an actual critique group. I've been critiqued in writing classes, and I've had one on one critique relationships with people, but never a group. How do you find a critique group?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question. One way is if you are a member of SCBWI then they have a message board and there are always people looking for groups or members.

      I belong to a local writer's group as well and members form together for critique groups.

      I live in an area where I can't throw a stone out the window and not hit a writer so friends of friends always have some kind of writing thing going on.

      Finally, one friend I know just walked into a coffee shop, noticed a writer's group going on and asked if he could join. I personally couldn't do that, but he's fearless!

      Oh and finally finally I think there are writer's meet-up groups. just google "writers meetup nameofyourcity"

      Delete
  2. Pilates always scares the crap out of me because I take one look at those machines and my imagination runs away from me. Eep! My mom & sister love it--one of these days I'll give it a shot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it wasn't as bad as it looks. A lot like yoga. Supposedly supposed to give you the long ballet dancer's type frame instead of bulking you up.

      Delete
  3. Dropping by from the campaign. :)

    I've always wanted to try pilates or yoga with an instructor, but I haven't yet. Critique groups can be invaluable. It at least helps you establish your readers and sometimes see things a different way.

    ReplyDelete