Monday, February 13, 2012

A great way to study openings

Last week I posted a a free sampler of 5 YA books from the Breathless Reads tour. (Legend, Across the Universe, Born Wicked, Matched, Nightshade)  I'd already read two of the five but I went and read the other three and then I re-read the other two I already owned.  And each was so gripping that I'm having to get the ones I don't own.

But it struck me that even if you don't buy these books, it is a great way to see how to write a first line, first chapter that grabs the reader.  So here is the link to the post. 

http://viewfromfairview.blogspot.com/2012/02/another-free-sampler-ya.html

2 comments:

  1. I do that too with both the samplers and the first chapters on amazon, google, goodreads and all that. So far my current opening can't compete so it's back to the drawing board. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, me too. I look at these and I wanna cry.

    ReplyDelete