Sunday, February 19, 2012

Answers from me and questions for you

I totally enjoyed reading everybody's questions and answers to their various eleven questions.   I'm coming in at the tail end and my answers are probably similar to everybody else's.

But the kind Anna Mittower  annamittower.blogspot.com has found me.  Here are her questions and my answers:

1. What country is the home of the majority of authors you read?
I wish I could come up with some really cool answer but I only read English so it will have to be USA.

2. An otaku is someone who's obsessed with something (not necessarily anime/manga). What kind of otaku are you?
Ha!  I am a YA Otaku then.  Food Otaku, Barry Manilow Otaku.  Not necessarily in that order...

3. Ebooks vs. Paper: which do you like better?
Augh. Hmm.  Ebooks I love the convenience and the PRICE.  But if I really really love a book, I'll buy the printed version too, preferably a first edition.  I know, I'm weird like that.

4. Do you have a sweet tooth or are you a salty dog?
Sweet Tooth!  Current obsession - Salted Caramels.  Can I be a Salted Caramel Otaku?

5. Would you ever dress up as a favorite character? If so, which one?
Sorry, I'm not putting on the Spongebob costume.  It's hot and it smells.

6. What upcoming movie are you most looking forward to?
This is easy one "Hunger Games"

7. "Cats rule, dogs drool." Do you agree or disagree?
Agree!  Charlie and Chester would pee on me while I slept if I answered otherwise.

8. What fictional world do you spend the most time in?
Hmm, don't really spend time in any fictional worlds but if I had to pick one, I kind of like Regency England (although not fictional) because of all the pretty ballgowns.  Of course I'd have to be a countess or a lady, not cut out to be a parlor maid or tavern wench.

9. You are given a $1000 gift card to the store of your choice. Which store would you pick and what would you buy?
Amazon ebooks. At 99 cents I'd be set for 3 years (give or take)

10. Who or what encouraged you to pursue your current career?
Um, I guess Darren from Bewitched?  Mel Gibson from "What Women Want"? Teri Garr's character from Mr. Mom?

11. If you could build your own house, what room has to be included and have the most money/care spent on it?
I'd make a "creative" room.  One like Martha Stewart has for crafts.  I'd put a laptop in there and big screen tv and sound system and a large desktop and a sofa for taking naps.
--------------

I know I'm supposed to tag people here but I hate to do it.  It is kind of like a chain letter.  And I did look for some victims but some had been tagged 5 or 6 times so I didn't think they'd appreciate it. And I did find a few folks who hadn't been tagged but then I thought to myself, what if they had and didn't want to play?  Then I'd be an annoyance. 

So I guess I'm going to ask you to read the questions.  If there is/are one or two or eleven that you feel like answering, please do so in the comments, or leave me a link to your blog.  I'd love to read your answers.
Again, forgive me if you've seen these questions elsewhere:

 
1.  If you could pick any movie to write a sequel for, what would it be?  Why?
 
2. & 3. Stealing this one from "Inside The Actor's Studio."  What is your favorite word ? What word do you hate?
 
4. & 5. If you could have dinner with anyone (real or imaginary, living or dead) who would it be?  What would you serve or what restaurant would you go to?
 
6. What is the significance of the images or colors or name of your blog?  Or just tell me why your blog is set up the way it is.
 
7. What is the last book you read?  Why'd you read it?  How'd you like it?
 
8. What would be the title of your autobiography?
 
9.  What is the worst gift you ever received?
 
10. Who is your favorite actor/singer/celebrity?
 
11. Stephen King in his book "On Writing" talks about the 'Ideal Reader'.  The person he's looking to entertain with his writing (the person he's writing for).  His ideal reader is his wife.  Who is your Ideal Reader?

6 comments:

  1. You have a lot of obsessions! Wow! ;) I loved reading your answers. :)

    As for the questions you asked me on my blog post, well, you'll have to go there to see the answers cause, well, they're a bit, um, embarrassing? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I don't think your answers are embarrassing at all!

      Delete
  2. I loved this. I'm stopping by from the Platform Campaign. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I'm finally making my way around for this campaign, another YA person here!

    I'm loving reading all of these 11 Questions for people as well, but since I was tagged 3 times, and I've already answered them all on my blog, I'll just let you go over there and read it :)

    http://blackanddarknight.wordpress.com/2012/02/18/saturday-sundries-the-11-questions-tag-game/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I figure it gets kind of old after the first few times.

      Delete