Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Once Upon A Time

No, this isn't a fairy tale.  I'm referring to the show on ABC. 


I'm coming to this show late because it was on at the same time as Amazing Race.  Luckily, they have all 7 episodes available online and they had a marathon this past weekend so I'm all caught up.  A friend recommended it to me as a show she can watch with her daughters.  I tried it out.  I really like it.  I mistakenly thought the Grimm show would be better but I like the characters in this one and I like how they weave the present and past storylines together.

I'm noticing at trend in YA books about the re-telling of fairy tales (Cinder anyone?) so this show kind of fits into that as well.  Check it out if you haven't already.  It is on Sunday nights at 8p. 


1 comment:

  1. I admit that I've been pleasantly surprised by both Once Upon a Time and Grimm. The writing on Once Upon a Time is good and the plots are much cleverer than I expected at first.

    I originally thought Grimm might get tiresome and hokey after a while, but it's actually gotten stronger as the season progressed. Two of my favorites shows this season.

    ReplyDelete