Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My New Year's Resolutions - ROW80

So quite a few blogs I follow are part of this ROW80 thing.  I kept wondering what it was so I finally looked it up.  And guess what, it has a new round starting yesterday!  ROW80 stands for "A Round Of Words in 80 days and Once Sign-Ups are open, you’ll make a blog post stating your measurable goal. 
So here are my goals:

a) write three times a week. 
Last year's goal was 'write every day'.  That was so onerous and it made writing a chore.  This is more manageable. 

As part of this, I had to quit a critique group I was in.  It was two sets of 15 pages to read plus a two hour meeting every week.  It was such a large chunk of time to provide notes and attend.  Plus nobody was writing what I was writing.  It was hard to quit, they were very nice people.  But it just wasn't for me.

b) exercise three times a week.
Yeah, last year's goal was 'every day' as well.  Again, unrealistic and made me depressed just thinking about it.

c) try to eat healthier. 
Yeah, again, an all-or-nothing type goal is not for me.  It just makes me miserable.

So these are manageable, definitely do-able goals.  They have check-ins twice a week to see how we're doing.  I'm going to try it and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment