Sunday, January 1, 2012

"The Descendants" Review

I watched this movie because the writer went to the same college prep as me and President Obama in Hawaii.  It was a little slow but I had a good night's sleep so I stayed awake. 

It was a small little movie.  My question is - what makes a story worthy of becoming a movie?  I totally get why sci-fi and war movies get the treatment.  And things with big events like asteroids colliding with earth.  But this?  It is about a man trying to decide whether to sell his land or keep it for his descendants.


I wasn't disappointed I watched it.  It is George Clooney, after all, and the scenery was beautiful.  I wonder if the filmmakers just wanted an excuse to spend time in Hawaii? 

Anyway, I'm giving it three of five stars - Liked it more than I didn't like it.

1 comment:

  1. I've been debating about seeing this one. Looks good, but also I've heard it's sad. And hey, I'd do a lot of things to just get to spent time in Hawaii :)

    ReplyDelete