Friday, December 9, 2011

An update on the revision

I wrote two weeks ago that I was going to try to revise/edit by going through the laborious process of rewriting  each page a minimum of five times.  Each time looking for a specific thing.  After two weeks I have five pages done. 

But guess what?  They're good!  Even self-depricating being that I am, I can say they're good.  I took them to critique group last night.  Usually, my pages get ripped apart beginning to end. And sometimes, so relentlessly that I vow I'm going to quit.  But this time, it didn't happen.  Not that there weren't comments - there were.  But they weren't the usual "tear it up and start over"  type comments.  No, these were minor comments, the use of a word, the awkward phrasing of a sentence.  All things I can handle.

And today, with some confidence that what I'm doing is making a difference, I managed to get three pages done (a lot for me).  Yeah!  Slow but steady!  And now I'm motivated, too. 

 

2 comments:

  1. that's excellent news. always great to feel the improvement in your own work. nice going.

    mood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slow and steady wins the race. You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete