Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Part II

After our dim sum lunch, we had to rest up/nap for the second of our Thanksgiving meals at my brother-in-law's sister's home.  The home was so beautifully decorated that I went around like a looky-loo and snapped photos of everything.

Yeah, I know, odd behaviour for a guest but I do it all for you, dear readers.  Plus it saves me from having to interact with people (lol!)












Something set off the fire alarm.  I think it may have been all the candles.  The fire department showed up.  I believe this happened last time too.  Oh well, it added some excitement to the evening.
There were twelve of us at the main table.  There was another table of four, but it wasn't a kiddie table.  No, part of the family is Orthodox Jewish so they cannot eat the same food, nor even sit at the same table.  Still, they want to celebrate family and give thanks so they bring their own food and drink, and utensils and even their own plates, and we talk and eat together across the tables.
Here is the turkey.  Yeah, they started carving before I could even get a good photo.  It was yummy.  Not dry like when I make it.
And of course, the main event, dessert!  Apple pie, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, flan, cupcakes, ice cream.  After the L-tryptophan was blamed for the food coma, the younger ones did Dance Off and then we all watched "Bridesmaids" and headed home. 

3 comments:

  1. Seems like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! In my little corner of the globe, we don't celebrate... however I have LOTS to be grateful for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fairview,
    I am very impressed with beautifully decorated rooms. They look very cozy!! I wish I could taste this yummy and huge roasted turkey!
    It is interesting to know how “Thanksgiving “ is elebrated! I love all of your photos.
    Thanks a lot for sharing.
    Best wishes,
    keiko

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you MISH and Keiko. My sister-in-law did all the hard work, I just showed up to eat. (How typical of me.) But I'm very grateful to have somewhere to go on Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete