Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What supporting character from a YA book would you most like to see star in their own novel?

I know there has to be more than just me that loved the Twilight Books.  Even though most people won't admit it these days.  Especially aspiring writers.  But I loved Twilight.  And I think Alice was my favorite character.  The folks at YA Highway have asked, what character from a YA book would you most like to see star in their own novel?  My answer would be Alice.  She had a little bit of a backstory in the Twilight books but I'd love to see the whole thing and how she and Jasper came to be together.

8 comments:

  1. Yes! I loved Alice - what a sweetheart :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this: "I know there has to be more than just me that loved the Twilight Books. Even though most people won't admit it these days. Especially aspiring writers." That is soooooo true. I don't get why people pretend to hate it so much--but anyways, if I were to pick a member of the Cullen clan for their own novel I'd choose Jasper (if not, Edwards, obvs!) because his background with the Civil War (I think it's the Civil War, right???) intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked Alice a lot too - probably more than Edward personally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love Alice too...probably the best character in that series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked Alice. I will even admit that I liked Twilight as a stand alone novel. Coincidentally, I still love making fun of it. (As my post today proves.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read the Twilight series, but I have seen the movies so I'll go off of that. I'd like to see a story from the POV of the bad vampires. I can't remember their names, but one guy has dreads I think and the woman seemed like the leader. (Sorry, it's been a while since I saw the last film.) I've decided I like my vampires a little bit bad (hence my love for Damon on the Vampire Diaries.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny, because I'd love to see Jasper's backstory which would definitely include Alice. I find them such a fascinating couple. Plus, I love the glimpses into Jasper from Eclipse.

    If Meyer is listening, we'd both get our wish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, Jasper has a whole chapter of backstory in one of the books. Alice has a little bit but since they've both lived a very long time, you'd think there'd be enough for a novel or two.

    ReplyDelete