Sunday, October 30, 2011

Saturday's efforts

Here are the results of total seclusion.  Very depressing.

11:21 on the computer (stayed up til 4 a.m. the previous night playing stupid computer game)
12:05 finish game of  Mah Jong Kong

1:40 ten words. Lunchtime.

2:33 138 words. Yeah, half a page.  And 600 words for some silly 500 word contest for Halloween. Will cut back tomorrow. How come I can whip those words out quickly and yet the other work is so difficult?

3:12 390 words.  A page and a quarter

4:45 641 words.  Two pages and some

5:55 928 words.  Real progress.  Almost four pages of brilliance (not).  Dinner calls.

12:47 am 1659 words.  Almost seven pages.  Time for bed. 

And I wanted to get to twenty pages today.  Yeah, that is an impossibility.  This writing stuff is hard.  Hmm, maybe I'd better do some laundry tomorrow.  I need some clean clothes next week...

2 comments:

  1. Clean clothes versus writing... mmmm... well, there's no contest there... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this. I felt like it was a day in my life. I'm stumbling with my WIP these days, but am writing more than ever. The short projects sometimes give me more satisfaction, because it's something I can complete!

    Hope the words start flowing easier.

    ReplyDelete