Monday, October 31, 2011

Results from "Hermit Weekend" and I won!

No need to get excited (not that you were).  I didn't win because of talent.  I won because of a random number generator.  I get a full manuscript edit and critique!  Isn't that awesome?  I was just looking into professional edit pricing and deciding I couldn't afford it. 
The person having the contest is Rachel Bateman and she asked for suggestions for spooky movie/book/television show.  So, all I did was offer a suggestion to watch "The Others" with Nicole Kidman.  I always liked it because it was one of the few times I actually jerked my head back in my seat at the theater because I was so scared.

But still, I won!  yeah!  I feel slightly embarassed, she didn't require a "follow" or tweet, or that I mention it here.  So I am mentioning it now.  http://www.rachelbateman.com/.  Check it out.  And maybe we can sweep the fact that I'm her newest follower under the rug...

As for my "Hermit Weekend"?  I ended up with ten pages and the realization that I'm not cut out for NaNoWriMo.

4 comments:

  1. I'm a NaNoWriMo lurker and wondering whether I would be cut out for the challenge... somewhere in the "distant future"... maybe... the thought of getting writer's block within NaNoWriMo...*shudders*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not cut out for NaNo either. Sounds like a great contest that you won. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like winning contests... I like winning anything.

    ReplyDelete