Friday, October 21, 2011

Another flash fiction contest - Janet Reid

Since I'm enjoying these flash fiction contests so much, I tried another one.  This one has a Halloween theme to it:

Here are the parameters:

Write a Halloween themed story using 100 words or fewer.  Use these words in the story:
 UNFORSAKEN

DEADLY

WITCH

GHOST

DECAY

SLAY

Bonus points if you also use the word: Insalubrious

And here's my entry:
---------------------------------

“Who did Dracula take to the prom?” The paisley print sheet with eye-holes stands at the door, treat bag open.
 Like I didn’t remember the purple ghost from the last two times.

“His ghoulfriend!”

“You slay me.” I try not to sound like that which rhymes with witch.

I console myself, knowing the insalubrious treats will result in tooth decay.

I’ve had enough of precious, unforsaken tots. I am turning off the porch light when a werewolf wanna-be approaches. He’s too old for trick-or-treating. I pretend not to notice his leer as he follows me inside.

My deadly fangs unfurl.

--------------------------------------------



Here is the link if you want to read the other entries.  No voting or anything this time.  Just sharing.
http://jetreidliterary.blogspot.com/2011/10/most-terrifying-contest-ever.html

No comments:

Post a Comment