Friday, September 16, 2011

Thank you La Peeples

When my cousin was walking but still in diapers, she used to go around saying "You La Peeple? You La Peeple?"  I think she was asking if I loved people.    I ask her about it now and she looks at me like I'm crazy.


Anyway, I definitely "La Peeple" today.  Or all week actually.  Swamped at work so I'm very late in thanking people for these thingies.

Jocelyn Rish gave me a "Versatile Blogger" award.  I've been told that when you do a blog, you need to focus on one topic.  But I kind of ran out of things to say after a while.  Plus, I'm no expert on anything so I figured I'd just take some pictures like Petrea at Pasadena Daily Photo, or review books, and restaurants, and movies and talk about what I want to write.  Anyway, Jocelyn's blog is http://www.jocelynrish.com/blog.  Check it out


Wendy Terrien gave me the Liebster Blog award.  This is for blogs with less than 200 followers.  200 followers?  Ha! I'm overjoyed with my 26 followers which is a three hundred percent increase over what I had in July and a year's worth of postings.  Thank you Wendy!  Here is her blog and her post about this.
http://wbterrien.com/2011/09/15/awards/

Finally Blissfully Brenna gave me two awards! The Versatile Blogger and the "One Lovely Blog award".  Guess this is for a "recently discovered blog".    http://iwriteandread.blogspot.com/
Now I guess I'm supposed to tell you seven or ten random things about me but I already did (see below).  And then I'm supposed to pass these awards along to the next set of deserving people.  I'll definitely be doing  that (probably this weekend), but most of the blogs I'm following already have these awards so I'm going to have to do some serious research first. 

You La Peeple?


1 comment:

  1. I kept reading that advice too - that a blog had to focus on one thing. But to me that sounded boring to write, and like you, I don't consider myself an expert on any one thing. And honestly, I've had more fun reading the blogs that talk about a variety of things, so I'm going to stick with what makes blogging fun for me, or I'll never stick with it period!

    ReplyDelete