Saturday, September 24, 2011

Lake Tahoe - Tallac Historical Estates & Orbs

Because of the 'Second Campaigner Challenge' thingy, I interrupted my travel monologue of Lake Tahoe.  So, I'm picking up where I left off.  After hiking down and back up from Vikingsholm Castle, we went to Tallac Historical Estates.  Three family estates/retreats preserved from like the 1920's or there abouts? (think Great Gatsby era). 

I thought there was going to be more climbing up and down, but thankfully, these were on the lakeshore so no climbing.  yeah!

There's usually a tour but we went on a day with no tour.  There was a lovely garden and these little birdhouses were so whimsical.









I took this picture of the inside of one of the estates through a window (since there was no tour that day).  So forgive the glare in the upper right hand corner.

But the reason why I put up this photo is because of the "orb" on the left side, left of the folding chair in the back.  See it?

Now my sister is forever watching "Ghost Hunters" and "Ghost Hunters International" and in the past, insisted that these orbs are ghosts or spirits or whatever.

She changed her mind recently and now says they are just dust motes.  I don't know.  What do you think?

1 comment: