Sunday, September 4, 2011

I hate the cable company

 Yesterday I had to go to the cable company.  They have one (yes, count 'em) one, visitor parking spot.  So I drove around and around, three times looking for a spot to park.  Couldn't find one.  So I left to do errands and came back.  I found a spot the second time as it was lunchtime.  Got myself registered, turned in my old cable box, picked up the DVR, went home, installed it, called to get access to service etc.

Fine.  It is all good, go to bed. 

Today, I cannot get reception for certain stations.  Like 29 and 30 and some other oddball ones.  All basic cable.  And it doesn't affect just the new DVR, it affects the other cable box too.  The one that had nothing wrong with it.

So, I call them again, for the 5th day in a row.  The live person was very poorly trained.  At least the other folks knew how to reset the boxes.  This person didn't even know how to reset the boxes.  She kept asking me to run upstairs, downstairs and see if it was rebooting.  It wasn't.  Then she said it was a problem with the new box.  I told her it couldn't be because both boxes were affected (insert curse of your choice).  So now I have to have a technician come out and the first available appointment is next weekend. 

If it doesn't fix soon, I'm going to go with satellite or phone company.  Dang unnamed cable company.  I want my food network!

3 comments:

  1. Fairview, Pa? Anyway; I was just browsing through book blogs and saw that you wanted followers. I am happy to see you are a campaigner..so am I! So it is very nice to meet you and I must tell you I HATE THE CABLE COMPANY..I dumped them and went with fios..the customer service is only a tad bit better but I love the internet speed and tv selections:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! I live in a tourist town and having to circle around looking for a parking space is my pet peeve!
    I'm a fellow campaigner in the beginning bloggers group stopping by to say hi and become a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to another beginning blogger from the campaign. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    You'll have to keep us updated on the DVR saga. I've always avoided getting a DVR because of:
    1. Price
    2. limited capacity - I sometimes build up months of programming before I get around to finally watching the darn shows
    3. It belongs to the cable company.

    ReplyDelete