Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Books I'm Reading

 These are the books I'm reading. 

Firelight is about a girl, Jacinda who is a dragon, or draki.  Not only is she a dragon, she's a fire-breather - the last of her kind.  The draki can manifest themselves in human form.  So anyway, the rest of the draki are eager for Jacinda to create more fire-breathers.  They've already picked out her mate, Cassian.  Too bad Jacinda's in love with gorgeous human boy, Will.

Forgive My Fins is the story of Lily, a mermaid princess who has been living on land with her aunt during high school.  She can shift to human form because her mom was human.  She has a huge crush on Brody, but her neighbor, motorcycle-riding bad boy Quince keeps popping up.

Wolfsbane is the second in a series by Andrea Cremer.  Calla is the pre-ordained head of the wolfpack (along with Ren the Alpha Male).  Yes, these folks are werewolves.  And  

like the other two books above, these folks shift to human form as well.  Calla has feelings for Ren but loves the human boy Shay.

Are you seeing a theme here?  Do I subconsciously want to be other-worldly?  Or maybe the moral of the story/stories are that you need to be something other than human to have a hot guy or two fall in love with you?  Or maybe that all other creatures on earth would rather be human than what they are?

Hmm.  Something to ponder.  

Forgive my Fins is probably the youngest read of the three.  It seems more MG than YA.  Firelight is middle ground.  Wolfsbane is the most mature but note this is a book 2, so read the first book, Nightshade, before you pick this one up.  Nightshade definitely was good because I picked up book 2, didn't I?   

I probably shouldn't have started these particular three books at once.  I'm just getting myself confused.  Anyway, I'll tell you if I liked them once I finish any of these.

2 comments:

  1. I totally read about four books at the same time! In fact, one of the books I'm currently reading is Nightshade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I get bored with one, I flip to the other, probably that is why I get my storylines mixed up! ha ha. Enjoy Nightshade.

    ReplyDelete