Wednesday, August 31, 2011

September Already?

I cannot believe it is September already... Where has the summer gone? Kids are already back to school and the Halloween decorations will be going up as soon as Labor Day is over.

I remember Labor Day was always the last of the aerial banner towing over the beaches on east and west coasts, Chicago lakes, Florida coastline.  Can you imagine trying to schedule airplanes during the midst of hurricane season?  Bad idea.  No wonder so many of the flights got cancelled.

Plus, the banner towing is dangerous.  They have these giant hooks that they stand up in the air, the banners lay flat on the ground. The little planes swoop down and grab the hooks and then pull the banners up into the air.  If you are not a skilled pilot, you can get into some serious trouble.

My co-worker went on a ride with one of the pilots one time.  I don't think I would, even today.















No comments:

Post a Comment