Thursday, July 28, 2011

I Feel Bad for Amanda Hocking

She must be getting some flack. If you don't know, she is the writer who is a millionaire from selling her books for $0.99 to $3.99 on Kindle. She just made a 2 million dollar deal with St Martin Press. So now the price of her Kindle books has to go up, even though she's making significantly less per sale.

And she got a B- abd a D review for two of her books from Entertainment Weekly.

Anyway, she wrote a long blog post about her decision to sign with the publisher. You can tell she's getting grief from fans for raising prices.

Poor (or in her case, not so poor) thing. I feel bad for her. She was at Comicon and participated in some forums with other authors but skipped the book signing because, well, she has no printed books to sign.

If someone offered me two million dollars to see my stories made into real live printed books, you can be sure I'd take the money too.

Hang in there Amanda!

No comments:

Post a Comment