Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Forever

Maggie Stiefvater's third book in the "Wolves of Mercy Falls" series was released on July 12th.  Of course, since I had my (often referred to) Kindle, I stayed up and waited for it to arrive at 12:30 am.

Then I read the first chapter and fell asleep (nothing to do with the writing, just, I'm not used to staying up that late).

But with all the books that I highly anticipate, I'm kind of disappointed.  But this is not the fault of the writing.  It is the fault of my high, high expectations that seem to build over the months that I wait for the next book.

I'm only on chapter six but the two characters Sam and Grace still haven't met face to face.  What is with that?  Okay I reserve the right to change my mind once I've read the whole thing.

The only book that really lived up to the wait period was the last book in the Vampire Academy series.  And I think that was probably because I didn't discover the entire series until about 2 months prior to the last one coming out!  ha ha.

So maybe I should just not jump into a series until all the books are out.  Maybe that is the key...

1 comment:

  1. Just a thought, but since I've got the countdown ticker thing going for "Lola and the boy next door", how much do you want to bet I'll be disappointed in that book as well?

    Me

    ReplyDelete