Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Stephanie Perkins' Blog

I follow Stephanie Perkins' Blog because she is the author who I would most like to emulate in terms of writing style.  She also has no vampires/pixes/goblins/other assorted fantastical creatures.  Someone who actually got published without all the 'creatures'/worlds.

Devoured her first book, hungry for her second.  Okay, I put the countdown widget to her book on my web.  But not because you can win anything if you do.  I did it just because I myself, would like to be reminded of when the second book comes out.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite things about this book, though, is how realistically the relationships in it progress. There is so much instantaneous drawing together of teens in books these days, and I think that one of the best parts about real teenage relationships is the roundabout ways that they end up happening, and all of the awkward adorableness that takes place between a crush and a relationship. This book tackles all of that delicious awkwardness and complication, and I found that to be incredibly rewarding. The characters and relationships in this story actually evolve and devolve, and it's REAL and perfect and amazingly fun to read.

    ReplyDelete