Friday, June 3, 2011

Maggie Stiefvater's Blog

Today I figure I'd talk about Maggie Stiefvater's Blog (link on bottom lower right).  I loved her two books Shiver and Linger.  Both part of her "Wolves of Mercy Falls" Trilogy.  The third book, Forever is coming out sometime this summer.  I tried to win an early copy by posting a short video here but I didn't win.    She's been having some other contests where you have to promote for her but I kind of feel like I'm being used if I participate.  It isn't like my readership is breaking any records here anyway.  Let's see... can I count my cats as readers if I have them on my lap as I type?

But I digress.  I read some of her earlier stuff, but I wasn't enthralled like I am with the above trilogy.  Anyway, as usual, I had to find out if she had a blog and, guess what, she does.  She is awesomely talented.  She plays instruments, draws, paints, and writes.  All at professional level.  And did I mention she's 29? 

Her posts are most amusing and entertaining.  I definitely would urge you to check it out.

She gets lots of questions about writing so she sometimes posts helpful little tidbits.
She had this critique partner match-up and I found a critique partner that way.  I guess it helps that we both liked her writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment