Monday, April 18, 2011

How To Hook A Hottie

Was it last week that I went to the book fair?  Time flies...
I got this book there, "How to Hook a Hottie." 

Kate, a senior in high school, is single minded in purpose.  Earn 5k before graduation and her parents will let her have the funds they put away for her for college so she can dive right into the business world, instead of wasting time in college.

Her troubles begin when her chem partner, the jock-most-popular-guy in school asks her out.  She thinks he's a brainless oaf but she says yes mainly because he's a pest.

Soon the rumor machine kicks into overdrive and suddenly Kate is Ms. Popularity and people start asking her for advice on how to get boy/girl.  Kate decides to make the most of it and starts charging $100 for her matchmaking service.

Of course, she can't do it alone, she needs the help of her friend, boy-next-door Dal...

This book was cute.  I even had to take it to work and read the ending at lunch.  A little on the youngish side (more middle school than high school) but I'm not sorry I read it.

The author has other books "Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress" and "The ABC's of kissing boys". Both sound fun, but like I said, kinda on the young side (even for me!)

Side note, when I googled the title, these images came up.  Ha ha, too funny...

No comments:

Post a Comment