Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wednesday

Taxes are done and sent off. yay!

So I figured I'd talk about all the ways to help Japan. First is the Red Cross. Easy to donate at itunes. All you have to do is click on the button with the amount you want to donAte. So simple, even I can do it! Oh and I think they have a "Songs for Japan" compilation. Haven't checked it out yet but I will

Second, on a more personal level, a friend makes these marvelous soaps. She is selling a special "Waves of Hope" brand with all proceeds going to Japan. I've got some. Smells wonderful
http://www.etsy.com/listing/70264420/waves-of-hope-handcrafted-soap



Finally, a bunch of YA authors are putting up a bunch of stuff for auction, all proceeds going to Japan again, I think Save The Children. Here is a link to the site
http://write-hope.blogspot.com/
I love Maggie Stievater but I don't have a spare $1000 lying around. some of the other items are pretty affordable by the looks of things.

Oh, and for you LA folk, Orochon Ramen in Little Tokyo is offering a special ramen. If you order it, all proceeds go to Japan as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment