Sunday, January 30, 2011

Le Grande Orange

Been quite busy at work but finally finished up a ton of projects Friday.  On Saturday took a well-deserved (IMHO) break and had dinner at Le Grande Orange in Old Town Pasadena.  Used to be an old train station depot.  I don't know why it is called Le Grande Orange.

Anyway, I used to think of it as an alternative to Houstons when the wait was too long.  However it is now pretty popular as we went on a saturday night and ended up waiting 30 minutes WITH a reservation. 

Started out with some Sangria.  Yummy, sweet, and stronger than I thought as I didn't even really taste the alcohol but was a bit on the tipsy side the rest of the evening.

Main course - short rib tacos.  The waiter pretty much said they were the best thing on the menu.  He was right.

Dessert was Key Lime Pie.  Also the best dessert on the menu.  The waiter did not steer us wrong.

I need to go back - just for the Key Lime Pie.  Don't miss out on this if you go.

1 comment:

  1. I've been here twice and one of my favorites now. Recently went for my mom's bday for brunch and it was yummy as well.

    ReplyDelete