Friday, December 17, 2010

Shelley Malil


















He was in my first scriptwriting class.  We would get together once a week and read people's scripts outloud.  Everybody writing comedy wanted him to read the lead parts because he was so gosh darn funny and a great actor.  He is a funny writer too.  I think he was writing something about owners of 7-elevens all being Indian.

Our class got along really well.  We continued to meet even after our class ended.  We even went to Shelley's house a few times for meetings.

He got regular acting work.  Every once in a while, I'd be sitting in a movie theater and he'd pop up on the screen and I'd have to shout "I know him!"  Okay, maybe not shout... 

Who knew he had a dark side?  Convicted to life in prison but eligible for parole for stabbing his girlfriend more than 20 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment