Sunday, October 3, 2010

Swoon

Yet another weekend wasted reading YA novels on the kindle.  And this weekend it truly was wasted time.  I read this book called "Swoon" because it had an interesting cover and it was in the YA section at Borders. 

I may be a bit of a prude but I would not let my teenager read this book.  It belongs on the adult bookshelves.  Mainly for the graphic descriptions of sex.  All kinds of sex.  And then the descriptions of drugs and what kinds cause what kinds of effects.  Ha ha, I think I just got you readers to go out and buy the dang book. 

Plus too, the plot was kind of week.  Like I never really understood why girl liked guy and vice versa.  Pretty weak.

On the plus side, the author really gets how teens talk.  I'll give her that.  The rest? A waste of my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment