Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mockingjay review

So I finished "Mockingjay" this weekend.  I read the ending standing in line to pay for the book and then started from the beginning. While I did like it tremendously, I did have some problems. If I was ranking the three books, Mockingjay comes in #2.   

WARNING - SPOILERS AHEAD

The book certainly ties up all the loose ends, but a lot of times, it is by killing people off.  In fact, this is my major problem with this book, so bloody violent.  The descriptions are the stuff nightmares are made of.

Second problem, so little of the book is devoted to relationships.  There are some really nice plot twists but they are at the expense of relationships.  I'd rather the author devote more pages to characters than to battle scenes. 

Oh well, I'm sure the author is making millions, regardless of my humble thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment