Monday, July 19, 2010

Salonpas

First off, apologies for not posting but weather has been freakishly hot.  I spent most of the weekend just trying not to move.

Anyway, I'm a bit of a hypochondriac and I'm convinced I've got some sort of lyme disease, or tendonitis, or pulled muscle of the upper left arm.  I've had this condition for the last 4 weeks so I finally dragged myself to the pharmacy and picked up some Salonpas.

I believe this stuff originated in Japan.   The Japanese version of Bengay.  What kind of names do these remedies have, huh?  Anyway, the active ingredients are 6.3% methyl Salicyiate, 5.7% menthol, and 1.2% camphor. As you can imagine, the smell is pretty overpowering.  I mean, even the cats won't come near me.

 I remember my Mom wearing these patches.  The smell is very distinctive.  Hey, but if my mother used them, then they must work, right?  Anyway, I forgot I had a few on and went out for brunch Sunday.  I think I ruined a few appetites.

--The Cat Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment