Sunday, June 13, 2010

Pet Peeve #1 - subscription cards

There is nothing I love more after a long day at work than to lie in bed and read magazines. I catch up on who is wearing what, and who is doing whom. I can't really call it reading. It is more like looking at the pretty pictures of gowns I'll never buy (or fit), recipes I'll never make, and places I'll never go.

I know this is probably bad for your eyes, but I normally look at these magazines lying down, holding up the magazine over my head. And here comes the peeve part -- I hate it when I turn a page and a subscription card falls out and hits me on the head. Usually it hits me on the forehead or sometimes square in the eye.

Do people still subscribe using these cards? I would think most people subscribe on the web or with fancy apps these days. Think of how much paper, and thus trees, could be saved if magazines stopped doing the card thing. I know some people so ticked off by these cards that they send them back not filled out just to cost the magazine postage.

I wouldn't go that far, but I take exception to being hit in the head six times in one week!

--Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment