Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Celebrity Encounters 3

When I worked at the big movie studio, I worked on the same floor that housed advertising, publicity and promotions.  There were always celebrities coming up to see the publicity department.  But us ad folks (being the second lowest life form at the studio) were situated towards the back and never saw anybody.

One of the perks of the job was getting to park in the "executive lot" of the studio.  The bad news was that my unwashed mid-priced sedan looked very out of place next to the shiny SUVs, and luxury porsche, lamborghini, mercedes convertibles.

I was late getting back from lunch one day and spied one space left in the lot.  I drove towards it but it was being blocked by a big black and shiny SUV with tinted windows.  I sat patiently waiting for them to move.  And waited.  And waited some more.  I didn't want to honk because I could potentially ruin a take on a soundstage somewhere.  I was seriously like 15 minutes late at this point and getting nervous that someone was going to be looking for me.

I turned off my engine and started to get out of the car to give the other driver a piece of my mind, when the passenger side door opens and out pops Tom Cruise.  Oh my! I think to myself, good thing I didn't honk.  Now I don't care how late I am.

But there's more!  The reason he got out of the car was to change his shirt!! So right in front of me, he takes off one T-shirt and puts on another.  I wish I had the presence of mind to snap a photo with my cellphone but all I did was stare with my mouth open.

He got changed, hopped back inside, and the SUV drove by.  The driver rolled down the window and shouted 'sorry!' to which I replied 's'kay, s'fine!'

--Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment