Sunday, June 13, 2010

Blogging



While I feel so "relevant" having my own blog, it is a lot of work for three people to read. (Thank you to the awesome three people following me). I was told that the best way to increase traffic to your blog is to comment on other people's blogs and direct them to yours.

So, in an attempt to generate more followers, I clicked on "next blog" at the top of of this page. I was directed to page after page of blogs with pictures of adorable babies, model-perfect children, dogs and their parents. It seems blogs have replaced photo albums and scrapbooks.

I truly have nothing in common with these folks and couldn't figure out anything to say other than "cute baby/kid/dog/family" which makes me seem creepy/stalker-ish.

Which brings me to my next point -- do we really want anybody and everybody to know about that last haircut little 'Petey' got at the mall that made his ears look big? Isn't it TMI for the general public?
I suppose parallels could be made to myself. I did post photos of Chester and Charlie. And I did devote a whole post to the day Chester ate my purse and headphones. But if you want Chester, he's yours. Bottom line, I did it to entertain readers, not because I thought it was cute.

Needless to say, I don't have more followers, but that is fine. I will keep at it, trying to find humor in everyday life in Fairview to entertain you three.

--The Cat Lady


2 comments:

  1. Ur welcome Suki. So far I have enjoyed reading your posts. You should try finding a blog network with people that have the same interests as you. im sure you find a network of bloggers that are writing manuscripts/screenplays. i love reading blogs about multiples and even visit networks that focus on bloggers with multiples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. didn't know that. I'll totally look into it. Maybe I can join a network. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete